You must have noticed and surprised by many children who behave mature enough for their age. You must have also met many elders or adults who behave childishly or act immaturely. Does maturity depend on age? I say “NO”. First, let us be honest with ourselves and answer the questions given below and get the basic score of our maturity.
- The way you handle the arguments or a disagreement with your family, friends, loved ones, neighbors are, A) I tend to remain calm controlling my anger, and listen to them first. B) I ignore the situation and go out from that Place. C) I shout at them, make my opinions clear, and make them accept it.
- The way you make your decisions are, A) Based on characters and situations. B) Based on feelings. C) Based on profits that are got back in return
- The way you prioritize is, A) Being aware and considerate of other’s needs. B) Being aware and considerate of society. C) Being aware and considerate of my needs.
- The way you want your relationship is, A) Trust each other, very few fights, never regret being with them. B) Should be useful and Profitable for each other. C) Take them for granted.
- How do you think, like think as “WE” OR “I” A) Almost every time thinking as “WE” B) Sometimes “WE” sometimes “I” C) Almost every time thinking like ” I”
- The way you respond to tough situations is, A) Take responsibility and Continue to do what is right in spite of criticisms. B) Just cry and blame others ( People, God, Fate). C) Get shaken up by criticisms and do without any thinking or run away.
- The way you commit is, A) Respect and maintain a healthy long-term commitment. B) Commit according to desires. C) Commit only when there is a need.
- If you are wrong, you A) Recognize and admit it, also definitely apologize. B) Just shout at others, belittle them, insult them, and ignore being judged. C) What you did was right, thinking that you can never be wrong.
- The way you treat other’s success is, A) Appreciate their contribution, hard work, and honor them. B) Just tell all the success was their luck. C) Never accept it as success and never appreciates it.
- The way you show wisdom and gratitude is, A) Learn from others too, thanks to all that you have, selfless help. B) Feel ashamed to learn from others, not concerned to show thankfulness. C) Presume they are wiser than others and judge others always.
If your answers are “A” – then 5 marks, “B” – then 3 marks, “C” – then 1 mark.
My score is – 40/50. Similarly, let me know your scores too. Each one of us is not perfect. We keep on growing and learning in each and every situation. We may have been immature too sometimes, but reflecting from that guiltiness is a precious thing. I’m sure that we all are definitely searching the positive ways to change our immature behaviors and try not to repeat them. If you have faced any such experience, I would like you to share those via the comment section.
Let’s be a strength to each other and lift up our lives in a positive way.